Paraglider lands in Australia, and is immediately attacked by two kangaroos

Are you ready for the most Australian story you're going to hear all year?

When you think of a country, some social stereotypes usually come to mind. For example, when you think of England, you think of the Queen. When you think of Japan, you think of futuristic technology. And when you think of Australia, you think of dangerous things trying to kill you.

From snakes to spiders to plants, I literally do not understand why people choose to live in Australia - it all seems so hostile. If you need any further proof of this, check out this paraglider's footage taken at the Orroral Valley in the Namadgi National Park.

Literally seconds after his feet touch the ground in Australia, he is attacked by two kangaroos (AKA the most Australian animal out there):

Speaking to ViralHog, paraglider Jonathan Bishop, 35, recalled his encounter with the beefy marsupials:

"I had been Paragliding cross country for two hours near Canberra and had reached a position where I had to land. It is the last cleared valley where I could safely land, as over the next ridge there is only wilderness and trees.

I decided to land on the concrete slab of the old Orroral Space Tracking Station. I was concentrating on the landing and didn't notice the Kangaroo until after I landed. As it ran towards me I thought it was being friendly so I said 'What's Up, Skip?' It then attacked me twice before hopping away.

I packed up my paraglider and had to walk several kilometers to get phone reception and call a friend to come and collect me."

A beefy kangaroo lies in wait on an Australian golf course Credit: Getty

As you can see from the footage, Bishop's encounter quickly turns from delight to caution, as the two mammals start harassing the poor fella. Then again, how many people out there can say they've literally had to tell a kangaroo to "f*** off"?

Amazingly, Bishop's struggles didn't end there. According to ITV News after being jumped by the boisterous marsupials, the poor paraglider realized there was no cell phone reception, so had to walk several miles before he was able to contact a friend to come and pick him up.

Looks like it just wasn't your day, Jon.